Comprehensive and Convenient Dentist Care in Langley
Your entire family can receive the prompt, comprehensive dental care they need all under one roof from your first visit with us. Since opening our clinic in Langley we’ve made it easy to book dentists' appointments online for patients nearby. We offer a full range of dentistry services for all of your family’s oral health needs, including dentistry for:
- High anxiety patients
Serving the nearby communities of Willoughby, Walnut Grove, Clayton Heights, Latimer Village, Latimer Heights, Carvolth, Jericho, Port Kells, Willowbrook, Maple Ridge, Surrey and Langley Township areas.
Our 3 Core dental values revolve around:
- Dental patient care
- Clinical dentistry experience
- A personalized approach
Experience and Expertise
Our Langley dental team is committed to making every patient's dentistry appointment; including exams and cleanings as comfortable as possible with decades of dental experience.
A Focus on Technology
We use advanced dental technology to provide our patients with high-level dental care and comfort
- State-of-the-art dental imaging technology allows our dentists to quickly and accurately identify areas of dental concern. Patients enjoy a less-invasive form of dentistry, making their experience more positive.
- Intra-oral cameras and digital dental X-rays allow us to make accurate diagnoses and create individualized treatment plans.
- Advanced infection control protocols to limit aerosols and cross-contamination.
- Invisalign clear aligner scans allow for quick accurate teeth dental models
- Zirconia and eMax porcelain crowns
- Custom rotary instruments for a root canal treatment
- CT planned dental implants where we can overlay your actual teeth over a digital 3D scan
- Computer milled porcelain fixed bridges
- Cosmetic dentistry teeth planning with our lab and dentistry team through smile architect
- Through our website, patients can also request to book a dental appointment with our Langley dentists online. Having the option to send a request for a dental appointment online for our office saves our patients time and allows the convenience of booking a treatment at any time.
Questions and Answers to Know
Are baby teeth important
Yes. While baby teeth will fallout, they’re integral in chewing, helping children learn to speak and also forming a natural path for adult growth. We can even implement Invisalign on our younger patients to improve the smile and increase space for when the permanent teeth develop.
What do I do if my child has a toothache before scheduling a dentist appointment?
Rinse the area with salt water and apply a cold compress to the area. Acetaminophen can be given to alleviate pain while you wait for your dentist appointment. We are always available to provide emergency services to oour patients, the easiest wasy to quickly reach us is via text messaging our office directly.
How do dental sealants work?
A dentist or certified dental assistant fills in the crevasses in your teeth to stop particles from getting caught in your teeth. Dental sealants last years, and it’s a fast and painless process when following our infection control protocols.
Is my child getting enough fluoride?
We often tell our patients if your child’s old enough to use a Fluoridated toothpaste that’s normally the most a child will need for Fluoride
How do I protect my teeth when playing sports?
Custom-fitted dental mouth guards offer the best protection from teeth and head injuries. Soft-plastic dental mouth guards can also be used to limit sports-related injuries to your cheeks, lips, gums and teeth. For patients with Invisalign we still recommend custom oral mouthguards.
Is Botox used for just cosmetic purposes?
While is used often for cosmetic purposes Dr. Sidhu also specializes in using Botox for headaches, jaw pain, dental temporomandibular disorder (TMD), bruxism, clenching, and dentistry smile design. It can also be used to treat functional dental issues or esthetic facial concerns like deep nasolabial folds, radial lip lines, high lip lines and black triangles between teeth.
Are dentist X-rays safe?
We understand your concern about X-ray safety in dentistry. We're careful to limit the amount of radiation you’re exposed to and we take safety to the next level with lead aprons and digital dental x-rays, which produce up to 90% less radiation.
Common Terms to Know Before Going to Your Langley Dentists Office
We use a lot of dental terms to explain certain dentistry-related issues, and while we’re going to cover many of the terms below, feel free to ask your favourite Langley dentists office team about any terms not covered or other home patient information questions. A few of the terms you may hear from our team are:
- Dentist. A dentist is a specialist who works in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of all oral cavity diseases with patients. A dentist is also known as a dental surgeon or a doctor of dental surgery.
- Dental Caries. Poor home care leaves plaque on your teeth and can lead to cavity formation for patients. The term “dental caries” is the same as a cavity. Overlooking basic dental care can lead to root canal treatment or dental implants/
- Dental Prophylaxis. If you need to stop the spread or growth of gingivitis and periodontal disease, a thorough cleaning is performed - a "dental prophylaxis".
- Dental Emergency. Defined by bleeding, infection or extreme pain. Sometimes will require a tooth extraction or a wisdom tooth extraction if the situation is warranted.
- Invisalign. Clear aligner treatment used to straighten your teeth
- Pregnancy Gingivitis. Changes in hormones during pregnancy lead to an increase in gums swelling, irritability, sensitivity and blood flow to gum tissue, leading to pregnancy gingivitis.
- Root canal. A dental procedure to remove infected pulp from a tooth's root, relieving pain and saving the tooth from extraction.
- Oral Sedation. Uses medications to relax patients during dental procedures, reducing anxiety. Administered orally, it induces a calm state for comfortable treatment.
- Teeth whitening. A cosmetic dental procedure that uses bleaching agents to lighten and remove stains from teeth, enhancing their appearance.
Whether you’re looking for a pediatric dentist near you in Langley or need a dentist for yourself, book an appointment today. Our team looks forward to helping you achieve a perfect smile.
Education from Basic Hygiene to Root Canal Treatment to Dental Implants
Routine visits at our dental office in Langley, BC, is just one piece of the dental treatment care puzzle. Home dental care is equally important and will have a direct impact on your oral health over the long-term. Education is a top priority at our dental clinic. We will teach family members:
- How to brush properly
- How foods impact oral dental health, including the importance of avoiding sugary drinks and foods.
At Lighthouse Dental, we believe that preventative dental treatment and education work hand-in-hand to keep patients in good oral health. Dentistry education starts with teaching our Langley patients how to care for their smile at home. We are happy to answer questions and help patients understand the best way to care for their smile.
For centuries Lighthouses have been a symbol for safety and have played a key role in guiding people in the right direction. Our hope is that our Langley office will be the embodiment of those principles to yourself, family members and friends for years to come for all your dentistry needs. Welcome to our harbour and we hope you enjoy your time at Lighthouse Dental Centre.